[Development] Code contributions via bug reports and forum posts

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Thu May 17 09:28:19 CEST 2018

On 16/05/2018, 19.07, "Development on behalf of Thiago Macieira" <development-bounces+tuukka.turunen=qt.io at qt-project.org on behalf of thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

>   To all users: please continue submitting contributions through the
>    contribution system as much as you can. Submitting patches via the bug
>    reporting tool may not work if the assignee or maintainer in question does not
>    work for the Qt Company and there's no one who does that is willing to accept
>    the responsibility of submitting it on your behalf.

Yes, absolutely. We should not reduce normal codereview use. For any of these "casual contributions", someone needs to do the work to get the patch in via codereview (and in most cases also do some changes to the patch as well). Intention is not do regular contributions in this way, just to allow similar approach for all users as has been the case for commercial license holders since ages.

Yours,

		Tuukka