[Development] Repository Request: qt/licensing

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at qt.io
Wed May 23 15:35:44 CEST 2018

On Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2018 15:31:17 CEST Kai Koehne wrote:
> [...]

Would it perhaps be possible for configure to just look in "well known"
locations in the system where the online installer can place them (or place a
file that contains the path to licheck) ?

> then all we have to add to qtbase is the .release-timestamp file to mark the
> date of a release.

Can you determine the time of the release from the release tag perhaps? git
describe can be used to find the "nearest" tag and the tag has a date.

Simon