[Development] Repository Request: qt/licensing

Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) bstottle at ford.com
Wed May 23 19:49:06 CEST 2018

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 9:43 AM Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 May 2018 10:31:17 -03 Kai Koehne wrote:
> > Well, the whole point of the exercise is to allow customers to
> > configure Qt under commercial terms from git, so any non-shared git module doesn't help.
>
> You can then make it public, so long as it's clear it's Qt Company, not Qt Project. I object to it showing up anywhere in github.com/qt and > qt- project.org, but other places in qt.io could be acceptable.

Can .pro files test for commercial vs. oss licenses?  If so, and you create a non-Qt project repo, couldn't some .pro in qtbase retrieve licheck, like QtCreator does here: http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt-creator/qt-creator.git/tree/qtcreator.pro#n123?

Is that an acceptable solution?  Seems like it would work here, although I think the time stamp generation and commercial licenses would need to be added to qtbase (I think).

Regards,
Brett