[Development] Cleaning old development releases from download.qt.io

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu May 24 21:45:58 CEST 2018

On Thursday, 24 May 2018 15:47:52 -03 Jani Heikkinen wrote:
> Is sources really needed to be stored? Those pre-releases are also tagged in
> the git so everyone can get those from there if needed. And by default
> users should user official releases which are of course still available
> under "Official Release" or "Archive"

The problem is that those sources are *not* what's on the repository, since
our process includes a little more besides git archive. I know I couldn't
recreate the release, if just given a tarball. So I'd rather we kept the
actual, released sources. Note I'm asking only for alpha, beta and RC. We can
even reduce by keeping only one set of sources, removing either the
convenience tarball or the per-module sources.

EVERYONE who is distributing Qt in their applications MUST keep a copy of the
sources that they used in order to comply with the LGPL, but we know most
people don't do that. If it's not too much to ask, we should help them comply
with the LGPL.

That said, we don't need those mirrored. They can be kept in a colder archive.