[Development] Short CI status

Heikki Halmet heikki.halmet at qt.io
Thu Nov 1 13:17:10 CET 2018

Hi,

As you may have noticed we still have several issues in our CI system which needs fixes.
Below is the frontline of CI teams battlefield:

  *   Windows 10 machines are freezing time to time and the logging suddenly stops.
     *   https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTQAINFRA-2253
        *   We are trying to fix this by upgrading Hosts kernel version. Correction is almost there but we got some unexpected problems during the test. Hopefully we'll get back on the track soon.
        *   You can follow the process from here: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTQAINFRA-2299
  *   Lots of Configure/Qmake timeouts during builds
     *   https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTQAINFRA-2051
     *   https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTQAINFRA-2052
     *   We assume that kernel update will help with this one.
  *   When cancelling e.g. Qt5 build COIN scheduler goes stuck for a long time
     *   https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTQAINFRA-2257
     *   We are currently making change(s) to fix this.
  *   Windows VM randomly freezes and need user input before able to continue building
     *   https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTQAINFRA-2263
     *   We have fix for this which we hope to resolve this issue - https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/242149/
  *   In packaging site macos 10.13 keeps on disconnecting from Jenkins
     *   https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTQAINFRA-2310
     *   We have two plan for this
        *   A. Changing Jenkins-pkg to use Coin's virtual machines. Work on going.
        *   B. Upgrade Host's hypervisor (This is a long shot and we hope that plan A will resolve this)

We feel your pain and frustration. We are working hard to have more stable CI and hopefully soon we'll have most of these problems resolved.

Br
Heikki Halmet