[Development] Another integer typedef OR how to prepare for 64-bit in Qt 5

Иван Комиссаров abbapoh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 08:06:12 CET 2018

I vote for 3. The (small) argument is: with qint one cannot write an algorithm taking std:: class (std::vector<uchar>) and a Qt class but with size_type it can.

Something like
template<typename T> T::size_type * getSize(const T &t) { return t.size(); }
auto d1 = getSize(std::vector<uchar>()); // ok
auto d2 = getSize(QString()); // ok

Seeing size_type in doc is OK - the users will be aware that it may vary depending on Qt ver.