[Development] QList for Qt 6 (was: Re: Build system for Qt 6)

Philippe philwave at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 09:04:42 CET 2018

I did some benchmarking (as we were worried about the different performance characteristics of QList and QVector) and with the exception of prepending in a loop pretty much all other operations gets faster with this change.

Another exception is certainly the sorting of large objects that are not implicit-shared classes.

Ok anyway. But keeping the old QList under a new name, cannot harm.

Much of Qt was built with QList, so QList can't be that bad ;)

Philippe

On Fri, 2 Nov 2018 07:51:22 +0000
Lars Knoll <lars.knoll at qt.io> wrote:

Renaming the subthread (itÂ’s got nothing to do with build systems
)