[Development] Qt6 source changes

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Fri Nov 2 23:25:07 CET 2018

Il 02/11/18 20:13, Иван Комиссаров ha scritto:
> Nice idea to have such a method. But is't it a pessimization to return a vector which certainly allocates?
> Don't throw rocks in me, what about passing std::function that can enumerate roles?

As I said, we can bikeshed on the signature. How do you return N
role/variant pairs? Taking an output iterator as parameter isn't Qt
style, so we need a container.

Note that in a item delegate (on widgets) the container can be allocated
just once, and then simply re-filled with data (without reallocations)
when painting each index.

Mind to elaborate on the std::function idea?

Cheers,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts