[Development] How to use Q_IMPORT_PLUGIN macro together with *.pri files?

Denis Shienkov denis.shienkov at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 22:48:16 CET 2018

Hi guys,

I need to create a 'static' plugin for the iOS, using qmake.
A problem is that the qmake can't generate a valid XCode project file,
using dependencies.

See, e.g. this bug: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-71566.
So, I can't use XCode to deliver my application to AppStore.

Instead of using a static plugins I want to include and compile my plugins
via
my-plugin.pri files.

But it does not work, because linking failed when I use this code:

Q_IMPORT_PLUGIN(MyPlugin)

with an error, like:

"qt_static_plugin_BasicToolsPlugin()", referenced from:

StaticBasicToolsPluginPluginInstance::StaticBasicToolsPluginPluginInstance()
in main.o

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)

Is any workaround to avoid this and to use a 'static' plugins in a fom of a
*.pri files?

BR,
Denis