[Development] Opinions on QTBUG-71545

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 21:07:15 CET 2018

Den mån 5 nov. 2018 kl 20:58 skrev Tomasz Siekierda <sierdzio at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 at 20:32, Konstantin Shegunov <kshegunov at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > Since we couldn't agree, I'd love to see some more opinions about this one.[1]
> >
> > Specifically:
> > 1) Is parenting to the application object a thing?
>
> Never done it myself. But Q*Application is clearly marked as derived
> from QObject in the docs, so users can definitely expect it to behave
> the same as all other QObjects and clean up it's children properly.

If it is to be the same as all other QObjects, then it should maintain
its current behavior I think. The destruction of children happens in
the QObject destructor. I don't even think one have to look at the
QObject destructor docs to understand that - where else would it be
done, considering the parent/child mechanism is a mechanism common to
all QObject-derived classes

Elvis