[Development] Opinions on QTBUG-71545

Konstantin Shegunov kshegunov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 00:24:46 CET 2018

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 1:07 AM Giuseppe D'Angelo via Development <
development at qt-project.org> wrote:

> Note however that those children are deleted explicitly (via manual
> calls to delete), and NOT via the parent/child relation.

Noted. When I started that thread I didn't intend it to become one of those
lengthy arguments really. More like a simple "poll" whether the thing's
allowed, and if not how to handle it. As I wrote in the bug report -
"disallowing" the application to be parent is acceptable as an answer to
me, but then I think it should be noted in the documentation otherwise it's
rather misleading from the user's point of view.