[Development] [HEADS UP] 5.12 locked down (Re: Merge and Integration status report - 2018.11.08)

Liang Qi Liang.Qi at qt.io
Sun Nov 11 20:44:12 CET 2018

> On 11 Nov 2018, at 20:01, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>
> On Thursday, 8 November 2018 04:00:08 PST Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 08:29:47AM +0000, Liang Qi wrote:
>>> I don't know how to use [Grafana] to show the statistic of qtbase 5.12
>>> integrations in coin. There are only 3 successful integrations
>>> yesterday: [...]
>>
>> because this situation has been persisting for weeks and we've been
>> essentially just burning energy and motivation with doomed integration
>> attempts, we decided to lock down 5.12 until the situation is under
>> control. a somewhat optimistic ETA is maybe a week, depending on the CI
>> team's progress with deploying infrastructure software updates (it's a
>> bit more involved than it sounds, so bear with them).
>>
>> if you have critical changes which justify spending extra effort to get
>> them in soon, talk to liang.
>
> Is this done? When is the lock down getting removed?
>
> And who's working on 5.12 during the weekend, as it is still locked down.

The fix of the blocker got merged into qtbase 5.12. But the issue of ci/coin is not fixed yet. Talked with Oswald on Friday, we agreed to keep qtbase 5.12 lock a bit longer.

I staged a few times from Friday night to now, got some changes integrated and found some issues in them. Do you have some changes need to stage?

Recently the qtbase integration takes a bit longer, 2.5 hours like https://testresults.qt.io/coin/integration/qt/qtbase/tasks/1543678216 , is a bit lucky. More details see https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTQAINFRA-2161 .

—Liang