[Development] Qthread::create and ::exec

Иван Комиссаров abbapoh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 14:30:47 CET 2018

Hello, I've noticed that it would be nice to run QThread::exec() from a functor passed to QThread::create(). However, exec is marked as protected, thus I can't call QThread::currentThread()->exec().
Maybe it is worth to make exec() public method? Or make it static, like in QApp (is it BC?)?
This would be a nice addition to the create() method so worker objects can be created in a functor on stack instead of moving them to thread.

Иван Комиссаров