[Development] Resolving coding style contentions

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:50:59 CET 2018

On 20/11/2018 03.28, Lars Knoll wrote:
> I suggest that we stop arguing about coding styles by defining one
> through a tool (aka clang-format and one format file for all of Qt).

Ugh... clang-format is only okay if you want LLVM's code style, and it
does obnoxious things like forcibly reflowing your arguments to
"maximize space usage" (even when it results in aesthetically worse
code) if you enable any line length options.

Personally, I would encourage looking at uncrustify instead; it can
apply as much or as little formatting as you want, for virtually
whatever format you want. (Astyle was nice, once upon a time, but is
basically dead AFAIK.)

(Disclaimer: I contribute to uncrustify, so I'm biased :-).)

--
Matthew