[Development] MSVC 2017 32bit pre-built binaries for Qt 5.12 (replacing MSVC2015 32bit)

Alex Blasche alexander.blasche at qt.io
Tue Oct 2 14:47:42 CEST 2018

Hi,

We had this discussion for Qt 5.11 already but it is time to decide for Qt 5.12. The discussion details can be found under

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-63708

Based on download figures and dropped MSVC2015 support for webengine we plan to change MSVC2015 32bit binaries over to MSVC2017 32bit. I realize this will not be happy news for everybody but considering the LTS implications of Qt 5.12 it makes sense. Nevertheless if you believe you have strong counter arguments please comment on the issue in Jira.

Thank you.
--
Alex

P.S. This does *not* mean that we drop 32bit for MSVC2015 support. We merely drop the pre-built binary offering in our installer.