[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

Ulf Hermann ulf.hermann at qt.io
Thu Oct 25 07:56:53 CEST 2018

On 10/24/18 3:51 PM, 黄其泽 wrote:
> I think the committee should reserve a seat for women. It must be a
> woman or a woman's dresser to be appointed. This must be written into
> Code Of Conduct.

This should not be codified in the QUIP. It would make the respective
language much more complicated and possibly open loopholes that we can't
foresee. The barrier of having one woman on the Committee is very low
already. All it takes (following the current proposal) is two Approvers
to second an initial proposal. So, if only 3 Approvers feel the way you
do, we will have a woman on the Committee.

Ulf