[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

Alexey Andreyev yetanotherandreyev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 19:57:30 CEST 2018

I want to thank everyone who's spending their time trying to solve the
raised questions.

One more point I want to mention since we are collecting community feedback.

Feel free to call me stupid and skip until the end. I'm pondering about
ideas that controvertial CoC is appeared as some regular result of fight
for profit, power and expantion between successful open communities and
regular companies. And it's not about some specific persons or their
characteristics at all. It looks like an attack on open communities and
their values. I'm not talking about some conspiracy here, I'm talking that
it's probably natural proccess, similar to non-IT historical situations
around the world. Since open IT communities right now are successful enough
to compete with regular "closed" communities, we are observing injecting
some opposite ideas via CoC to "seduce" open communities and destroy them
from inside and then outside.

Like, yes, of cource we have conflicts! People are not social angels. But
we had a much less of them right now comparing to some bad examples of
ineffective companies (with similar size of tasks) with fancy rules and
smiles imitation. Who said that there's any chances to minimize conflicts
more with CoC? Where is professional scientific research that Qt community
or Linux or KDE is slowly dying without CoC? I'm afraid that research could
probably show the opposite.