[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

Volker Krause volker.krause at kdab.com
Fri Oct 26 10:19:42 CEST 2018

On Friday, 26 October 2018 09:18:21 CEST Ulf Hermann wrote:
> On 10/26/18 9:05 AM, Oliver Wolff wrote:
> > +1 from here as well. I also think that the proposed document (and
> > especially the "enforcement" part) is way too long
>
> The KDE CoC [1] does not specify any action to be taken when it's
> violated. That's the main reason why it seems shorter. If you only
> consider the equivalent sections in our proposed CoC, the KDE one is
> actually much longer. That said, I wouldn't mind replacing the "Our
> Pledge" and "Our Standards" paragraphs in the current proposal with the
> KDE CoC if that helps with acceptance here.
>
> But, how does this actually work in practice at KDE? Is there another
> document that states what they do if someone oversteps the boundaries?
> There isn't even a contact email in their CoC. So, if someone was
> slapping me around with a large fish in the KDE IRC channel, I still
> wouldn't know what to do about it.

Yes, there is the KDE Community Working Group, which is the body tasked with
(among other things) dealing with CoC violations, and the regulation for that
is indeed not in the CoC itself but the working group charter. I'd need to re-
read the wording but from how this works in practice it's not all that
different from what is proposed here I think. If there is no suitable body yet
to deal with violations, it obviously will need to be created alongside the
actual CoC.

Regards,
Volker