[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Oct 26 18:17:07 CEST 2018

On Friday, 26 October 2018 01:12:35 PDT Andy Nichols wrote:
> The way trust works in the Qt project so far is through the meritocracy so
> maybe a solution to any trust issues with enforcement can be solved in a
> similar way?

And on this point: yes, but not the code decision-making structure. I agree
that we can meritocratically select the CoC Board/Panel/Committee, but the
merit qualifications necessarily imply it's a separate structure.

Lars is our Chief Maintainer, which means he's good at coding and knows Qt
inside and out. That does not follow he's good at resolving CoC violations or
that he has the time for it. (He probably is good, since he's also been a
perople manager for 15+ years [was my manager even!], but that's not a logical
conclusion from the original statements)

A better example is me: I am maintainer for QtCore, but I am not qualified to
judge and address CoC violations.