[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Oct 27 22:20:18 CEST 2018

On Saturday, 27 October 2018 12:04:12 PDT Konstantin Shegunov wrote:
> Say we adopt the CC (basically the proposed text) and imagine that the
> abusive party is an employee of the QtC and has committed heinous acts
> against a community member. As far as I can tell this is very unlikely, but
> humor me for a second. As QtC employees' main work is on the Qt project,
> i.e. writing patches, committing features, writing docs and such, how would
> is this proposed committee to enforce the CoC? Are they going to plead that
> the person is taken out of the project, and wouldn't that mean that,
> basically, he/she can't be an employee for the QtC anymore? And to drive it
> home, say the head troll had a mental breakdown or something what is the
> committee to do? Take over the QtC?

The answer to all of those questions needs to be "yes". Anything short of that
means the CoC is powerless and just for show.

Whether there's a termination of employment or not is out of scope, since the
CoC does not rule TQtC employment and what other work there is inside that
company.

Note also it applies to any company. If you're not welcome anymore in the
community where your employer is asking you to do work, that is going to
affect your employment.