[Development] QUIP 12: Code of Conduct

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Oct 28 04:13:47 CET 2018

On Saturday, 27 October 2018 13:40:42 PDT Konstantin Shegunov wrote:
> > Note also it applies to any company. If you're not welcome anymore in the
> > community where your employer is asking you to do work, that is going to
> > affect your employment.
>
> I agree. However my argument was that the QtC being a major contributor to
> the codebase is going to have to abide by the ruling of the proposed
> committee, which is a significant commitment (and a major nitpick I admit).

Correct, they would have to, but given that it looks like the majority of them
are in agreement, it doesn't look problematic.

And besides, if any of them or the KDABians started being obnoxious and
hostile, given how many of their coworkers are working on this project, I'm
pretty sure their company HR would want to have a chat anyway.

That's also a good reason to choose the KDE CoC, as both TQtC and KDAB recruit
heavily from the KDE community and its CoC is basically a statement of shared
values.