[Development] Metatype system in Qt6

Jedrzej Nowacki Jedrzej.Nowacki at qt.io
Mon Oct 29 17:39:16 CET 2018

Hi everyone!

  While main heat on the mailing list is taken by topic how to encode that we
are nice, friendly and respectful to each other, I would like to show some
side project that I had. It is a proposal for base of metatype system for Qt6.
You can look and comment at it here: https://github.com/nierob/qmetatype. It
is quite fresh and it was rather a storage for functionality ideas. I haven't
tried to compare performance of it to the current system, but for sure it has
more flexibility and I believe, that conceptually it could serve us during
Qt6. Anyway before spending too much time on it I would like to get some early
feedback and questions.

Cheers,
  Jędrek