[Development] Serialising UI state in QML via QSettings and JSON: QByteArray vs QString

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Tue Oct 30 11:36:47 CET 2018

Edward Welbourne (Monday, 29 October 2018 7:31 PM) wrote
>> I'm not sure where JSON got involved in that

Mitch Curtis (30 October 2018 08:37) replied
> What do you mean? It's in the title of the email; it's a popular
> choice for storing data like this, so I want SplitView's serialisation
> to be compatible with it.

Perhaps I need to rephrase: to what extent is the choice of JSON, in the
present discussion, necessary or incidental ?  If what you're trying to
do has to use JSON with QSettings, then it's necessary.  If JSON just
looked, at first sight, like it would solve your primary problem, then
it's incidental and can be replaced by something compatible.

	Eddy.