[Development] Build system for Qt 6

Jean-Michaël Celerier jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 12:32:41 CET 2018

> Will CMake allow us to build for, say, QNX, GreenHill, VxWorks, and the
likes?

uhh... yeah? CMake has supported Green Hills for years.

>CMake is not even aware that they are other OS behind WIndows and
Linux Desktop....

sorry, that's FUD. CMake has built-in support for Android, macOS, UWP apps
and works just fine on BSDs and other niche OS such as Haiku (full list
here : https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/tree/master/Modules/Platform).
Hell, it's the build system for at least two existing alternative OSes:
ReactOS (https://github.com/reactos/reactos) and IncludeOS (
https://github.com/hioa-cs/IncludeOS).

iOS is curerntly best supported (imho) through
https://github.com/ruslo/polly which is a set of toolchains not unlike
qmake's mkspecs.

-------
Jean-Michaël Celerier