[Development] Build system for Qt 6

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 18:46:49 CET 2018

On 30/10/2018 13.17, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> it's much easier to make qbs generate **and even read** cmake
> interface files than to re-architect cmake to make it, well, sane.
(Emphasis added.)

No, really, it isn't. A CMake interface file is Turing-complete and can
do anything that CMake can do. In order to actually implement the
ability to read CMake interface files (without corner cases), you
basically have to *be* CMake. If you assume that you will only have to
deal with some subset, you will be subject to breakage at any time.

I would rather see CMake learn to read and output something more
portable, e.g. CPS¹.

(¹ https://mwoehlke.github.io/cps/)

--
Matthew