[Development] Build system for Qt 6

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Wed Oct 31 06:59:57 CET 2018

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 02:44:03PM -0700, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 October 2018 14:33:41 PDT NIkolai Marchenko wrote:
> > Tbh, we wouldn't if this post hasn't almost stated that you are pulling the
> > plug.
> > As I saw it: qbs folks have finally started doing the correct thiing (that
> > is - tutorials) and what you are speaking of had a chance to happen.
> > But as of right now no amount of tutorials will change the fact that
> > reluctance to swtich to a new system will become reluctance to change to a
> > _stillborn_ system.
>
> Then reverse that with action. It's an open source project and people can
> contribute to it, inside the Qt Project governance even. TQtC employees can
> contribute in their free time too, maybe even in Creative Fridays if they
> still have that.
>
> [...]
>
> > Oh, and also, maybe we need a separate post about this issue: "Should QBS
> > stay?"
>
> Sure, go ahead and gather your contributors. I still think qbs was/is a great
> idea. It's only lacking maturity.

Ok. Let me bite.

In <2217724.thNANPicTR at tjmaciei-mobl1> you stated "Ossi and several others
are right that qbs was never given a proper chance. It hasn't"

Above you stated that contributions to QBS could even happen inside the
Qt Project.

Active part of "giving [some piece of software] a chance" is promoting it
on some webpage.

Where would a QBS-promoting webpage be located?

qt-project.org ?

Oops.

Andre'