[Development] Build system for Qt 6

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Wed Oct 31 07:35:50 CET 2018

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 19:24:26 +0000, Adam Treat wrote:

> Lars gave a keynote saying pretty much the same. Simply is not true that
> we are planning major source compatible breakage for Qt6 so let's stop
> saying that.

When will the already deprecated QQuickControls 1 module going to be
finally removed - isn't it Qt6 ?

QC1 user interfaces for embedded have to be migrated to QC 2, while user
interfaces for the desktop have to be reimplemented from scratch with Qt/
Widgets in C++.

To me this absolutely justifies to insist on the term "major".

Uwe