[Development] Who is in charge of qt-project.org?

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:01:37 CET 2018

On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 02:53, Andy Shaw <andy.shaw at qt.io> wrote:

> It is there, but you have to go to http://lists.qt-project.org for now, it is being moved to a new server so at some point the https address will be back, but until then you need to use the http address.

In case you're not aware, HTTP is being deprecated, and modern,
up-to-date web browser will redirect you to HTTPS/443 if it is
available.
If lists.qt-project.org doesn't support HTTPS, then it shouldn't
answer on port 443.
To be clear: my web browser will redirect me to https automatically
because https is port 443 and port 443 on lists.qt-project.org is open
and responding.
The issue is that port 443 is serving plain HTTP instead of HTTPS.

In a broader statement, i'm questioning the fitness of the Qt company
to manage the qt-project.org domain.
Obviously the Qt company is not making any money with qt-project.org,
so please hand it over to the community.

Chris