[Development] iMX6 EGLGS 2D (QtWidgets) painting acceleration

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Sun Sep 2 15:05:57 CEST 2018

On Sun, 02 Sep 2018 14:48:37 +0200, Jean-Michaƫl Celerier wrote:

> For this kind of work I'd recoment QNanoPainter, ...

I also gave this hint to Denis - without having any experience with it
myself. When I have more time I will check if its is possible for Qwt to
benefit from this backend.

Do you have any numbers, when comparing the specific problem of drawing
dotted lines ?

Thiago argues, that a QPainter based render engine results in performance
bottlenecks. But if it is possible to have significantly better results
with QNanoPainter then there is no conceptual problem and Qt development
could improve the situation by working on the code of the OpenGL paint
engine.

Uwe