[Development] iMX6 EGLGS 2D (QtWidgets) painting acceleration

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Wed Sep 5 11:29:15 CEST 2018

On Wed, 05 Sep 2018 09:56:36 +0100, Sérgio Martins via Development wrote:

>> What needs to be done to make it become effective ?
>
> export QT_XCB_NATIVE_PAINTING=1

I did a quick check with using QPainter on a QPixmap and indeed it runs
the X11 paint engine. Using Qwt with a current Qt version seems to run
the same ways as with Qt4/X11 without any problems.

So this is great news - at least for me, others might be aware of this
option for a longer time.

I also googled for QT_XCB_NATIVE_PAINTING without almost no results. I
understand, that reverting a decision is not stuff for big announcements,
but for such an important improvement: has it been communicated at least
somewhere ?

It also raises questions about the status of the X11 paint engine.
Several bugs have been closed because of not fixing the X11 paint engine
anymore.

Does it make sense to write bug reports, when it behaves not according to
the specs - or when it differs from what the raster paint engine does ?

Uwe