[Development] iMX6 EGLGS 2D (QtWidgets) painting acceleration

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Wed Sep 5 08:26:27 CEST 2018

On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 09:55:41AM -0700, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Wednesday, 5 September 2018 02:29:15 PDT Uwe Rathmann wrote:
> > I also googled for QT_XCB_NATIVE_PAINTING without almost no results. I
> > understand, that reverting a decision is not stuff for big announcements,
> > but for such an important improvement: has it been communicated at least
> > somewhere ?
>
> Because it's not an important improvement for most people. Your case and
> Denis's, as seen in this thread, are very specific. Most people are
> fine with the raster engine.

If "Most people do not $X" were a sensible line of reasoning in the
Qt context we could remove pretty much every feature in Qt one-by-one.

Most people are *not* using Linux.
Most people are *not* using Android.
Most people are *not* using iOS.
Most people are *not* using Window 7.
Most people are *not* using Window 10.

Most people are *not* using Webkit.
Most people are *not* using WebEngine.
Most people are *not* using print support.
Most people are *not* using 3D

Most people are *not* using CBOR

See the pattern?

Andre'