[Development] Qt 3D Maintainership

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Fri Sep 14 12:29:21 CEST 2018

Hi All,

my time available for Qt 3D outside of work, has as of late, been
reduced due to increased family commitments - the good kind, but time
consuming nonetheless.

Given how Qt 3D has grown from our simple experiments in making 3D
possible with Qt to the highly-configurable, multi-module, data
processing monster it is today I feel it is no longer possible, nor
wise, for me to maintain alone. Additionally, it looks as if Qt 3D will
form an important piece of the graphics stack for Qt 6.

As such I would like to propose that we split the maintainership and I
would propose that Laszlo Agocs becomes co-maintainer. I am still happy
to co-maintain and I have plenty of ideas about improvements we can make
both within the Qt5 and Qt 6 time frames. We have learned a lot whilst
developing Qt 3D and I think we can make it even better for Qt 6.

I would also suggest that we find maintainers or co-maintainers for the
sub-modules. I would propose Paul Lemire as (co-)maintainer for the
render module. I'm happy to keep driving the animation module and help
with qt3dcore. Other nominations are of course welcome.

Kind regards and have a great weekend,

Sean