[Development] Qt 3D Maintainership

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Fri Sep 14 14:50:06 CEST 2018

Hi Sean,

First of all thank you for all the great work on Qt 3D over the last years. Qt 3D has become a very important part of Qt, and I believe that parts of it will get a much more central role in our graphics stack when we move towards Qt 6.

I’ve been discussing a bit with the graphics team in Oslo, and I think the idea of having Laszlo as a co-maintainer is good. I would also like to propose that we have Svenn-Arne as the co-maintainer for the renderer component. He’s been doing a lot of good work in that area over the last year.

We’re also trying to find candidates to help with some of the other modules, and I hope we’ll at least one more person we can nominate there next week.

Cheers,
Lars