[Development] Best practices for hacking Qt in QtCreator?

Nils Jeisecke nils.jeisecke at saltation.com
Fri Sep 21 10:52:37 CEST 2018

Hi,

Am 21.09.2018 um 09:16 hat Sean Harmer geschrieben:
> Works fine here as long as you open the project using a kit set up from that
> particular build of Qt. I tend to just build qtbase etc on the command line,
> setup a kit in creator for it, then open qt3d/qt3d.pro and it just works.
Ok, I've used a kit based on a pre-built Qt versions. Probably not a good
idea.

So this is what I'm going to try:

* do a developer build for the Qt version worked on
* setup a kit for this build
* see how to setup a build configuration that reuses the developer
  build the kit is based on

I'd appreciate any advice on the latter!

I'll share my experiences so this could become wiki content as Eddy
suggested.

Nils