[Development] QVariant container API

Vasily Pupkin shkodindanil.letmework at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 12:41:59 CEST 2019

Thanks for the answers.

> I'm not sure I want to see more Datastream-based serialisation. The code
there
> is too fragile and not compatible enough with standards. I recommend you
> reconsider and think about a more standard format.

Just wanted to clarify, that I am working on a solution, which is totaly
different from datastream serialization (and opposes it) and is format
agnostic. It has an abstract module, which can be implemented for XML, JSON
and so on.
The API would be QByteArray serialize(const QVariant& value), and QVariant
might be a gadget or a collection of any depth. The only thing it does, is
peaking inside QVariant and recursively (de)serializes properties or items.

> This is a very lossy conversion without sufficient error reporting.
That's an
> example of why I don't think we should invest more time in this type of
API.

Thanks for pointing this out.

> Nor I. That code is black magic to me and I don't touch it.

Is it going to be left like that forever :( ?