[Development] Supporting helper functions in auto tests by providing throwing Qt Test macros

Mitch Curtis mitch.curtis at qt.io
Wed Apr 3 12:27:01 CEST 2019

It's true enough that we would never recommend users to use it in a helper function, hence the note.

Tests should be able to assume that any code that comes after a call to a helper means that the helper succeeded. That assumption fails if you were to use e.g. QVERIFY in that helper and it failed. I actually wrote that in my initial email, but I removed it before sending it because I didn't think anyone would be pedantic enough to warrant it.