[Development] Supporting helper functions in auto tests by providing throwing Qt Test macros

Mitch Curtis mitch.curtis at qt.io
Thu Apr 4 11:01:37 CEST 2019

The nice thing about the exception solution is that users can decide whether they want to wrap all helper calls in QCHECK_EXCEPTION to get complete stack traces for failures, or if they don't want to use it at all, resulting in neater code but slightly more difficult traces. If they didn't use QCHECK_EXCEPTION at all (and we made sure we caught exceptions correctly in the test runner), they'd get output like this:

   FAIL!  : tst_App::openClose(ImageType) 'animationPanel->isVisible()' returned FALSE. ()
      Loc: [/home/mitch/dev/slate/tests/shared/testhelper.cpp(1990)]