[Development] Supporting helper functions in auto tests by providing throwing Qt Test macros

Mitch Curtis mitch.curtis at qt.io
Fri Apr 5 10:29:34 CEST 2019

To take the obvious one first: anyone using their own custom macros in helpers shouldn't be affected (that's me, currently).

Anyone using Qt macros as they're supposed to be used shouldn't be affected so long as we correctly catch the exceptions that we throw. :)

Anyone (incorrectly) using Qt macros in helpers shouldn't be affected so long as exceptions are enabled; their tests will just correctly terminate early upon failures in those helpers now.

Anyone who is throwing exceptions as part of their tests could be affected, I suppose, though your point about handling exceptions correctly and/or the opt-in suggestion (e.g. a QTEST_THROWING_MAIN) seems like it would cover it.

Any tests with exceptions explicitly disabled would fail to compile. That might be the biggest issue?