[Development] Adding more Datetime classes to Qt

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Apr 11 21:35:43 CEST 2019

On Wednesday, 10 April 2019 03:36:47 PDT Mark De Wit wrote:
> It might be good to highlight, for instance, that MSecsSinceEpoch is not
> share-able between users in different timezones unless QDateTime is
> instantiated with a timespec of Qt::UTC (which is not the default).

Of course it is sharable. If I tell you that I replied to your email 33 hours
after you sent it, it's completely irrelevant that you're in British Summer
Time and I'm in Pacific Daylight Time. The span of time between those time
points is the thing that matters, the same way that the milliseconds since
epoch do.