[Development] Google Season of Docs
Paul.Wicking at qt.io
Fri Apr 12 13:48:11 CEST 2019
Google is launching an initiative called Season of Docs. The gist of it
is that it's summer of code but for documentation.
A couple of us in the doc team here at TQtC have discussed it internally
and we would like to sign up the Qt Project for this. The deadline for
the application is 23 April. If you have good ideas, please feel free to
share them with us (but keep in mind that there's a deadline).
A few of the ideas we have for projects are
- Updating and unifying the contribution guidelines
- Revising the getting started documentation
- Improving some of the lengthier examples/tutorials
In addition to the doc team, we need developers that can help out with
mentoring the candidates. Mentoring involves:
- Helping the technical writer to engage with the Qt community.
- Track their progress and provide feedback.
- Communicate regularly with the tech writer (twice per week) and
respond to questions within 24-36 hours.
- Provide constructive feedback.
- Help the tech writer to establish a timeline and realistic work
expectations, and re-evaluate said expectations in the event of
Obviously, if you have a great idea for a project _and_ you want to
mentor the writer for this idea, all the better!
We hope some of you would like to take part in this, as we consider it a
great opportunity to get some exposure for the project and (hopefully) a
way to invite some more documentation contributions.
On behalf of the Qt documentation team
More information about the Development