[Development] Qt Static Package

Alexander Nassian nassian at bitshift-dynamics.com
Mon Apr 15 10:16:24 CEST 2019

There are many ways that are much better and do not have the problems static linking involves.

Beste Grüße / Best regards,
Alexander Nassian

> Am 15.04.2019 um 01:47 schrieb Carlos Enrique Pérez Sánchez <ceperez1996 at gmail.com>:
>
> What do people think about providing official static packages?
>
> The reason is that the distribution of an application is much easier in a single executable. For that reasons I've made many static qt builds and it's always a lot of work to make it running.
> I have success in building qt statically for console and widgets applications, but I have not success on building Qt Quick Controls 2 applications statically, mainly on Windows, because the graphics effects are off, no shadows, no layer, no elevation, etc.
>
> There internet is full of people trying to build Qt statically, because Qt Docs lacks information about building static packages and there are not examples of commands to pass to configure. People even migrated to other frameworks because they like static applications, and in Qt doing that is always a pain.
>
> There is a Jira suggestion:
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-72810
>
> Please give an upvote there it if you agree.

—

bitshift dynamics GmbH
Neudorfer Str. 1, 79541 Lörrach

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Freiburg i. Breisgau, HRB 713747

Geschäftsführer: Alexander Nassian, Markus Pfaffinger

http://www.bitshift-dynamics.de <http://www.bitshift-dynamics.de/>

Zentrale: +49 762158673 - 0
Fax: +49 7621 58673 - 90

Allgemeine Anfragen: