[Development] building qt 5.12.3 for iOS - positioning module is missing

Vyacheslav Lanovets sol at lanovets.ru
Tue Apr 30 08:59:54 CEST 2019

Hello,

I have not had any difficulties building Qt 5.11.3 and previous
versions, but with Qt 5.12.3 qtlocation is skipped somehow.
As a result "QT += positioning" module is not supported.

Spoiler: comparing 5.12.3 and 5.11.3 I see the change in Src/qtlocation.pro
Newer version has "requires(!wasm)"
https://github.com/qt/qtlocation/blob/5.13/qtlocation.pro
https://github.com/qt/qtlocation/blob/5.11/qtlocation.pro

If I comment the line out and delete some config caches, it helps.
Maybe a wrong correlation and it healed itself somehow.

I still suspect there is a mistake in the order of dependencies
because after I commented the line I rebuilt Qt, new directories
appeared in the output directory.
qtspeech
qttranslations
qtwebchannel
qtwebglplugin

This is how I configure and build Qt for iOS in my experiments
~/Qt/5.12.3/Src/configure -xplatform macx-ios-clang -debug-and-release
-force-debug-info -developer-build -opensource -nomake examples
-nomake tests -confirm-license
make --jobs=12

Any suggestions?

Regards,