[Development] Coin production update 1.0-rc

Aapo Keskimölö aapo.keskimolo at qt.io
Tue Apr 30 14:09:36 CEST 2019

Hi Qt Developers,

Coin production has been updated

  Tue Apr 30 09:34:55 UTC 2019

and is running live and strong.

Since this is massive update that contains 900+ patches since 25th of
January, I wanted to save you from the trouble of floundering through
the attached git logs by providing you with a nice and short summary of
added features/functionality:

  - Multi-platform tests are now supported. In order to run tests on
platform X with binaries built on platform Y, can now define Build
Template & Test Template separately (instead of the traditional single
Template field). This will need to happen in Coin platform definitions
(eg. qt5/coin/platform_configs/). Alternative way to enable the feature
is to add "BUILDTESTSINBUILDPHASE" in features list that will
automatically trigger building the test binaries in build phase.

- Submodules can now define their own provisioning scripts. For example,
qtbase can now execute its own provisioning scripts without needing to
run changes through qt5.git.

- To provide better support for Android testing, we have implemented
custom platform configurations that allows users to change the existing
hard-coded configurations. The feature can be used via Schedule Build ->
List Configurations -> customize.

- Configure arguments can now be defined as a literal strings instead of
feature enums. This will hopefully make it more clear what is actually
executed on the state machine (VM). We are expecting the qt developers
to start migrating their configure arguments to use the new convention soon.

- Logs can be opened faster. This is achieved by showing only partial
log on the Webui. The full log is can be requested via the "Raw Log"
link or Hide/Show Full Log -button.

- Task search algorithm has been improved and now it can return matches
from the full integration cache instead of only currently visible tasks.
For additional debugging support, we have added links to copy
buildkey/storagepath that allow Coin maintainers to easily search
through integration cache.

- Nightly builds can be configured on the Webui instead of needing to
request to the CI team. You can add new CI cron jobs via the Nightly -page.

- Performance improvements that hopefully makes scheduling integrations
faster.

- Bunch of bug fixes.

Changelogs:

https://testresults.qt.io/ci/aakeskim/production_updates/changelog_20190430

https://testresults.qt.io/ci/aakeskim/production_updates/HEAD

https://testresults.qt.io/ci/aakeskim/production_updates/cherrypicks

If you experience problems with the new Coin version, you can refer
either to the Coin Revision -page or visit
https://wiki.qt.io/Reporting_Bugs#Reporting_bugs_for_CI and follow the
instructions.

All the best,

Aapo Keskimölö - Coin Maintainer