[Development] Request a new branch for Qt Creator

Tor Arne Vestbø Tor.arne.Vestbo at qt.io
Mon Aug 5 21:03:31 CEST 2019

> On 5 Aug 2019, at 12:35, Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) <bstottle at ford.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’d like to request  a new branch (“acme”) on QtCreator.
>
> The too short version: ACME is a simulation tool, allowing you to create a project that can run in QtCreator and quickly implement interfaces (e.g., DBus, QtRemoteObjects, etc) to feed other components.  You can directly edit properties and/or send signals, or you can create custom logic and user interfaces in Qt/QML.

This sounds a bit like a standalone tool? Or one that wouldn’t necessarily need to be in the Qt Creator repository? Can you expand a bit on why a branch is needed?

> Our code currently builds/runs against 4.8, so having a branch would allow feedback on the code itself, but also allow for commits to update for QtCreator changes in newer versions.

This sounds like something that a separate repository would solve, with a submodule e.g. if you want to update based on creator changes.

Tor Arne