[Development] is it possible to increase the max. document size for the JSON parser?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 08:33:08 CEST 2019

>07.08.2019, 02:21, "Sérgio Martins via Development" <development at qt-project.org>:

>> I looked at it again and the test-case was flawed, it was using unneeded
>> QStrings and QString::toUtf8().
>>
>> By reading directly from the file heaptrack now reports only 300 MB
>> peak.

I think I would have noticed anything more substantial. Those large files are cmake-generated compile_commands.json files that I use with KDevelop, which doesn't use *that* much memory (not until the parser kicks in anyway).

One implication of the binary incompatibility that I didn't foresee: 3rd party plugins won't load (or aren't recognised). That's a big hurdle to testing the patch...

R.