[Development] Qt PDF as a new TP module for Qt 5.14

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Aug 13 13:35:55 CEST 2019

Shawn Rutledge wrote:
> But PDFium has a company behind it, and I have heard that if one pays for
> the commercial version, it has enough features to make a real PDF editing
> application.  I haven’t tried that yet; but it may turn out later that
> this will give us access to a bigger feature set eventually, if there is
> customer demand, and if we can find the time to implement Qt API for those
> features.

Is the Foxit PDF SDK still in sync with the PDFium shipped with Chromium or
are they diverging? There is a PDF from 2016 documenting a "Foxit PDF SDK
(PDFium)"
https://developers.foxitsoftware.com/resources/pdf-sdk/FoxitPDFSDK_QuickGuide(PDFium).pdf
where they claim to have synced all the PDFium APIs, but the current website
https://developers.foxitsoftware.com/pdf-sdk/
does not mention PDFium at all.

        Kevin Kofler