[Development] HEADS-UP: QStringLiteral

Bogdan Vatra bogdan.vatra at kdab.com
Wed Aug 21 13:28:32 CEST 2019

Hi,

> Returning to your original post:
>
> Yes, and those systems are all built with the assumption that client
> code doesn't care if every single time anything happens to a string a
> fresh copy of it is made.  They probably aren't actually that
> inefficient, but the basic premise of the design of those easy-to-use
> string classes is that if they were it wouldn't matter much.

When I say framework, I actually mean the framework code not the client code.
Let's take the java classes from Android, can you please show me a single
place where Android folk are using some strange: String myString =
StringLiteral("string") instead of a simple String myString = "string"; ?

> We don't have that luxury, sad to say,

But we have the luxury to loose potential Qt contributors because we are going
to force them to use so many string wrappers?

Cheers,
BogDan.