[Development] HEADS-UP: QStringLiteral

Tor Arne Vestbø Tor.arne.Vestbo at qt.io
Wed Aug 21 17:16:42 CEST 2019

> On 21 Aug 2019, at 16:47, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>
> On Wednesday, 21 August 2019 03:01:29 PDT Tor Arne Vestbø wrote:
>> This should just be test[“key”] = “value”. How do we get there?
>
> Do you mean "make this the most optimal?" If so, then we don't get there. It's
> not possible.

Optimal enough :) With a way to micro-optimise it using a more explicit API iffffffffffff needed.

> We could do it for literals with some constexpr help in the QString

That’s what I was hoping. We have QFooLiteral today to let the compiler do the work up front, isn’t it possible with newer c++ standards to have that happen automatically without an explicit QFooLiteral?

Tor Arne