[Development] HEADS-UP: QStringLiteral

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Thu Aug 22 20:48:30 CEST 2019

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 05:39:07PM +0200, Mutz, Marc via Development wrote:
> I'm sorry if I sound blunt, but this is just nonsense. What you call
> optimisation, isn't. Using QStringLiteral or QLatin1String is equally
> readable. As is just using "".

I am not sorry to sound blunt here, but calling

"equally readable" to

     a[QStringLiteral("b")] = QStringLiteral("c")

requires a kind of proficiency that's rare to find in real life.

I don't think it makes sense to move Qt into a direction that reduces
its potential audience to a handful people worldwide.

> Aye, it's more to _think_ and to _write_, but we don't care about those metrics.

tr("Haeh?")

[And who is "we"?]

Andre'