[Development] Requiring minimum GCC 7/MinGW (was: Dropping MinGW support in Qt 6 (Was: HEADS-UP: QStringLiteral))

Roland Winklmeier roland.m.winklmeier at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 09:12:50 CEST 2019

Am Do., 22. Aug. 2019 um 22:47 Uhr schrieb Thiago Macieira <
thiago.macieira at intel.com>:

> On Thursday, 22 August 2019 12:05:39 PDT Danila Malyutin wrote:
> > Isn't it already the case:
> https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/supported-platforms.html
> >  ?
>
> Looks like it.
>
> I'll dust-off the Q_THREAD_LOCAL patch and send it off through the CI. If
> any
> platform can't compile it, we'll just remove the platform from the
> rotation
> until they properly implement C++11 thraed_local.

Just for your awareness: There is an old bug related to thread_local in
MinGW which afaik was never fixed. It compiles correctly, but every
executable crashes during shutdown. Not sure if this relevant in this case,
just mentioning it:
https://github.com/msys2/MINGW-packages/issues/2519